Adopt a College Internship Program
Vegan Outreach is offering internships to energetic, upbeat and positive activists interested in creating real change for animals through VO’s life-saving work. As a Vegan Outreach intern, you’ll learn effective grassroots advocacy skills, meet like-minded people, and engage in person-to-person outreach.
Interns will work with our Outreach Coordinators in Los Angeles, the Bay Area in Northern California, and with our Director of Outreach in Washington, DC. Alternatively, interns could tour with any of our traveling leafleters.
As an intern, you will:
- Leaflet with Vegan Outreach materials at colleges, concerts, and festivals.
- Staff Vegan Outreach information tables at public events.
- Participate in social media outreach.
As a Vegan Outreach intern, you’ll be considered part of our team. As such, the internship requires dedication and reliability.
Locations: Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Washington, DC
Hours: 20-40 hours per week (exact amount to be determined prior to internship)
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform high quality one on one advocacy alongside a Vegan Outreach mentor, primarily on college campuses.
- Staff Vegan Outreach tables at festivals, feed-ins, and other youth oriented events.
- Cultivate interest in VO’s work through positive social media postings and one-to-one interactions.
- Perform other internet duties as requested, to further the mission of Vegan Outreach
- Strong work ethic, including a willingness and ability to be on your feet for hours at a time leafleting.
- Commitment to Vegan Outreach’s objectives, including our pragmatic approach of welcoming gradual change.
- Friendly and personable manner and the ability to work well with others and communicate effectively.
- Professional and clean personal presentation.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Reliable access to the internet and/or a smart phone.
- In some cases, a car and valid drivers license will be necessary.
- Interns are required to provide their own housing.
Time Frame: Internships begin at the beginning of each month. A one-month commitment is required.
Stipend: A stipend of $50 per week (or 20 hours) is payable after the satisfactory completion of the internship. Unfortunately, we're unable to provide housing at this point.
Apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to Jon Camp at jon at veganoutreach dot org. Please indicate your city preference and whether you would like Vegan Outreach to work with your college or university for internship credit.